“For me, dentistry is about building relationships with my patients. There are a lot of good, competent dentists in Yakima, but what excites me about dentistry day after day are the people I meet and the difference I can make in their lives. I really care about my patients and try to provide the very best dental care I can. I think that’s why so many people come back year after year. We’ve had some exciting advancements in the field of dentistry and I’m proud to bring that quality of care to my patients.”
Dr Carbery began his dental career in the Dental Corps of the U.S. Navy. After completing his military service, he opened his dental practice in Yakima, where he has practiced ever since. In addition to continuing education in the latest dental techniques, Dr. Carbery has assumed a number of leadership roles in the state dental community. In 2011, he was appointed by the Governor to the Dental Quality Assurance Commission and was recently selected as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists.
Dr. Carbery’s Education and Memberships
- DMD (Doctorate in Dental Medicine) University of Oregon Dental School (with honors)
- Mini-Residency: Dental Implant Institute, 2002
- Washington State Dental Association, Delegate and Member, 1977-present
- Yakima County Dental Society, 1985-present
- Dental Quality Assurance Commission, 2011- present
- Fellow of Pierre Fauchard Academy,2008 –present; State Section Head, 2012- present
- Examiner, Western Region Examining Board, 2010-present
- Fellow, International College of Dentists, 2012 - present
- Washington Oral Health Foundation, Board member, 1999-2011; Board president, 2007-2009
- American Dental Association, 1974-present
- Academy of General Dentistry, 1990-present
- Fellow , International Congress of Oral Implantologists, 1995-present
- Associate Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 2002-present
- Member, Gnathology Northwest (full mouth reconstruction study group in Portland, OR), 1980-present
- Board Member, Washington State Judicial, Ethics & Peer Review Committee, 1988-1993
- Examiner, Washington State Board of Dental Examiners, 1992-1995
"Office staff is friendly and always great to get me in quickly. I was always nervous going to the denisit but not with Dr. Carberry I never have felt any pain and he makes sure I am okay during any of my procedures. Laurie has cleaned my teeth for years and I always look forward to seeing her and have clean polished teeth! Thank you for always taking such great care of me and our family!"
- Michelle S.