“For me, dentistry is about building relationships with my patients. There are a lot of good, competent dentists in Yakima, but what excites me about dentistry day after day are the people I meet and the difference I can make in their lives. I really care about my patients and try to provide the very best dental care I can. I think that’s why so many people come back year after year. We’ve had some exciting advancements in the field of dentistry and I’m proud to bring that quality of care to my patients.”
Dr Carbery began his dental career in the Dental Corps of the U.S. Navy. After completing his military service, he opened his dental practice in Yakima, where he has practiced ever since. In addition to continuing education in the latest dental techniques, Dr. Carbery has assumed a number of leadership roles in the state dental community. In 2011, he was appointed by the Governor to the Dental Quality Assurance Commission and was recently selected as a Fellow of the International College of Dentists.
Dr. Carbery’s Education and Memberships
- DMD (Doctorate in Dental Medicine) University of Oregon Dental School (with honors)
- Mini-Residency: Dental Implant Institute, 2002
- Washington State Dental Association, Delegate and Member, 1977-present
- Yakima County Dental Society, 1985-present
- Dental Quality Assurance Commission, 2011- present
- Fellow of Pierre Fauchard Academy,2008 –present; State Section Head, 2012- present
- Examiner, Western Region Examining Board, 2010-present
- Fellow, International College of Dentists, 2012 - present
- Washington Oral Health Foundation, Board member, 1999-2011; Board president, 2007-2009
- American Dental Association, 1974-present
- Academy of General Dentistry, 1990-present
- Fellow , International Congress of Oral Implantologists, 1995-present
- Associate Fellow American Academy of Implant Dentistry, 2002-present
- Member, Gnathology Northwest (full mouth reconstruction study group in Portland, OR), 1980-present
- Board Member, Washington State Judicial, Ethics & Peer Review Committee, 1988-1993
- Examiner, Washington State Board of Dental Examiners, 1992-1995
"Thee most friendly staff in Yakima! I have never been good at going to the dentist, but Dr Carbery has always made me feel more at ease. Dr. Carbery and his staff set a high bar for quality dental care in the Yakima Valley!"
- Brittney S.